Moreland BUG (Bicycle User Group) was formed in 2006 through the cooperative merger of the BrunsBUG and CoBUG groups (the Bicycle Users Groups of Brunswick and Coburg), which had both been active in the Moreland council area (Melbourne, Australia) for many years.
The BUG is run as a non-profit incorporated organisation by volunteers who love cycling and wish to share the enjoyment. The Moreland BUG Constitution is here.
- To promote greater and safer commuter and recreational cycling in the City of Moreland.
- To liaise with local and state government authorities regarding on-road and off-road bicycle facilities in the City of Moreland.
- To liaise with other bicycle groups for the promotion of cycling.
- To provide affordable and accessible membership and activities for all members.
- To organise recreational rides for Moreland Bicycle User Group Inc. members.
- The promotion of cycling in general.
General meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month except December. The meetings are held at the Edinburgh Castle Hotel (681 Sydney Road, Brunswick) and all are welcome to attend. Meetings start at 7.30 pm and finish around 9.00 pm. Food and drinks can be purchased before, during and after the meeting.
The group’s meeting minutes are kept online.
Information about upcoming rides can be seen on the Moreland BUG Calendar.
Mailing List and Membership
Membership is open to anyone who wishes to further the interests of the Group.
You can become a member by joining the Moreland BUG mailing list.
Join the mailing list and become a member.
About this website
The content of this website, including original photos used on it, are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.1 Australia License.