Moreland Bicycle User Group (Moreland BUG) is a non-profit organisation run by volunteers who love cycling and wish to share the enjoyment.
- To promote greater and safer commuter and recreational cycling in the City of Moreland.
- To liaise with local and state government authorities regarding on-road and off-road bicycle facilities in the City of Moreland.
- To liaise with other bicycle groups for the promotion of cycling.
- To provide affordable and accessible membership and activities for all members.
- To organise recreational rides for BUG members.
- The promotion of cycling in general.
Mailing List and Membership
Membership is open to anyone who wishes to further the interests of the Group. Join the mailing list to become a member.
Everyone is welcome to attend meetings which are held from 7:00pm to 9:00pm on the fourth Thursday of each month (except December) at My Handlebar (581 Sydney Road, Brunswick – in the beer garden out the back) – note the new venue for 26 Feb 2015. Food and drinks can be purchased before, during and after the meeting.
Join the mailing list for details of the next meeting.
See the meeting minutes here.
We have highly enjoyable social rides every 2nd Wednesday on even weeks. (See Current Week Number to see whether we are in an even week.)
Rides start at the Moreland Railway station at 10:00am for a 10:10 departure. We are usually back back by 4:27pm.
Bring bike, sunscreen, wet weather gear, water, MYKI, snacks, lunch (and/or money).
Pace is leisurely depending on requirements of the group.
Join the mailing list for details of the next ride.
Information about upcoming rides can be seen on the Moreland BUG Calendar.
Moreland Bicycle User Group Incorporated (Moreland BUG) was formed in 2006 through the cooperative merger of BrunsBUG and CoBUG (the Bicycle User Groups of Brunswick and Coburg), which had both been active in the Moreland council area (Melbourne, Australia) since their formation by Bicycle Victoria in 1990.
See the constitution here.
About this website
The content of this website, including original photos used on it, are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.1 Australia License.